World AIDS Day - December 1, 2010
(in chronological order, updated November 29)
(All external links on this page were valid, as of Dec 1, 2010.)
- Sunday November 28, 2-4 pm: A World AIDS Day Community Forum - Chinatown Centre
- Tuesday November 30, 7pm: ACTION = LIFE VIDEO DANCE PARTY, Buddies in Bad Times Theater (12 Alexander Street). AIDS ACTION NOW! is hosting a pre-World AIDS Day get together to launch our World AIDS Day advocacy video. This is a fundraiser for AIDS ACTION NOW! and we will be asking for 'pay what you can' donations to support our ongoing organizing work.
Wednesday December 1 - World AIDS Day
- 7th Annual World AIDS Day Breakfast Program: 8-9 am (advance tickets only)
- Casey House World AIDS Day Memorial Service, 9 Huntley St. 12 noon. RSVP: 416-962-4040 x231
- Info et commémoration de la Journée mondiale du sida,
Action positive VIH/sida, Centres d'accueil Héritage et le Centre francophone de Toronto,
33, Place Hahn (Berkeley et L'Esplanade)
13h30 - 14h30 : Atelier sur le vieillissement et le VIH, Donné par Anne Kuetukubi, bénévole au Centre francophone de Toronto
14h30 - 15h30 : Brève allocution de Jean-Rock Boutin, président du Conseil d'administration d'Action positive VIH/sida, Suivie d'une pause-café spéciale avec de quoi boire et manger
- Criminals and Victims? Race, Law and HIV Exposure in Ontario, a Symposium on the impact of the criminalization of HIV non-disclosure on African, Caribbean and Black communities. Bennett Lecture Hall, Faculty of Law, University of Toronto (84 Queen's Park), 4:30-6:30 pm
- Community Carnation Memorial at 5:45 pm at the 519 Church St Community Centre and AIDS Memorial
- World AIDS Day Fórum - Portuguesa - Casa Do Alentejo Community Centre
- Hope Does Living: experiential arts-based evening, 6-9 pm Cawthra Estates, Peel Region.
- Get Tested: A Trivia Night In Support of the AIDS Committee of Toronto, Court Jester Pub, 6:30-10 pm.
- The Anglican Diocese of Toronto World AIDS Day Vigil services (two locations)
- Voices of Hope Concert for World AIDS Day: Metropolitan United Church, 56 Queen St. E., 7 pm
- Spotlight: a fashion show for Deaf Outreach Program - Prefix Institute of Contemporary Art, 7 pm
- Thursday, December 2, 6-9 pm: Global Access - A World AIDS Day event to discuss access to medicines in the developing world. Hosted by Oxfam, University of Toronto Chapter. Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, University of Toronto (252 Bloor Street West, Room 2212)
- Thursday, December 2, 6-9 pm: Come check out a series of shorts by youth film-makers on HIV and AIDSQueen West Community Health Centre, 168 Bathurst
- Saturday, December 4, 7-9 pm: join the Alliance for South Asian AIDS Prevention (ASAAP) in India Bazaar to commemorate World AIDS Day. Gerard India Bazaar, 1326 Gerard St. East
- December 1-5: National Aboriginal AIDS Awareness Week(AAAW); for more information, see CAAN website, Facebook and Twitter
International activities - "World AIDS Day Campaign"
ACTION = LIFE VIDEO DANCE PARTY