Opening Doors Toronto 2013
Promoting Community & Individual Wellness:
Bringing Mental Health Out of the Shadows
Registration now open!
Opening Doors is a 1.5 day forum for support service providers and people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Monday March 4, 2013; from 10am - 5pm
Tuesday March 5, 2013; from 10am - 1pm
- The 519 Community Centre, 519 Church Street
Opening Doors is a forum designed to strengthen HIV/AIDS counseling and support services by bringing together a diverse range of HIV-related support workers and people living with and affected by HIV/AIDS in Toronto to support and learn from one another.
THN needs your help to ensure PHA participation. Please post this flyer and registration form in your agency, share with staff, promote the event to support workers, and share with individual PHAs and support groups. Your support by sharing and promoting registration information is much appreciated!!
Advance registration is required to assist with preparations; spaces are limited, so please register as soon as possible - registrations are accepted in the order received.
For more information or to register by telephone, please call Dave at 416-506-8606 x114 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This forum will help to:
- Consider what "well-being" and "self-care" mean to you
- Explore the continuum of mental health services
- Support service providers and people with HIV (PHAs) to deconstruct and overcome stigma
- Learn about and share tangible tools to manage self-care
- Recognize individual needs and link to resources in our community
We encourage attendance by:
- People living with HIV/AIDS
- Support Workers, Counsellors, and Case Managers in HIV/AIDS Service Organizations, Mental Health, Substance Use, Harm Reduction, and other HIV-related services
- Community Members, Volunteers, and people affected by HIV/AIDS
Opening Doors is organized locally in several regions across the province and held once a year with funding from the AIDS Bureau, Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. The Toronto HIV/AIDS Network organizes Opening Doors Toronto with the advice and support of a Planning Committee.