Opening Doors Toronto 2017
Strengthening Our Connections: Let's talk about sex,substances, and safety
Navigating the Spectrum
Registration now open!
Opening Doors is a free 1 day forum to explore our journeys with insight into our own mental, physical, and spiritual health.
DATE: Friday March 3, 2017; from 9:30am - 4:30pm
LOCATION: The 519 Community Centre, 519 Church Street
Opening Doors is a forum designed to strengthen HIV/AIDS counselling and support services by bringing together a diverse range of HIV-related support workers and people living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs), volunteers, and community members to support and learn from one another.
THN needs your help to ensure PHA participation. Please post this flyer and registration form in your agency, share with staff, promote the event to support workers, and share with individual PHAs and support groups. Your support by sharing and promoting registration information is much appreciated!
Advance registration is required to assist with preparations; spaces are limited, so please register as soon as possible - registrations are accepted in the order received.
For more information or to register by telephone, please call Dave at 416-506-8606 x114 or email: : email@example.com
Opening Doors will:
- Discuss the connections between sex and substance use
- Consider ways to safely and effectively use social media
- Share strategies to reduce isolation and engage with communities
- Expand on challenges related to mentalo health and subsatnce use affecting our diverse populations
- Provide information about connecting to available tools and resources
- Foster a positive environment of dialogue
We encourage attendance by:
- People living with HIV/AIDS (PHAs)
- Support Workers, Counsellors, and Case Managers in HIV/AIDS Service Organizations, Mental Health, Substance Use, Harm Reduction, Housing, and other HIV-related services
- Community Members, Volunteers, and people affected by HIV/AIDS